What an incredible time we all had at Tauranga StartUp Weekend 14-16 September 2012!
It is truly amazing that this 54 hour marathon started on Friday night with 22 one-minute pitches. And within 2 hours the 7 teams emerged. And within 48 hours from then 7 startup companies made their pitches in front of the judges.
The quality of the final presentations were best summarised by one of the judges Brett Roberts: “Wow, absolutely outstanding presentations! The best I have ever seen at a StartUp Weekend event. And amongst the best I have ever seen in the corporate world too.”
- StandBy is a mobile app that enables those who are heading out to sea an easy-to-use method of checking in as they depart with the coast guard and with loved ones, and informs them of their safe return.
- Team Leader: Ian Wills. Email: email@example.com. Mobile: 021 884 889
- Team: Ian Wills, Phil Harris, Justin Scott, Clare Kemeys, Rachel Donald, Rochelle Alder, Mike Jansen, Kelvin Trask
- KPMG: $4000 worth of Accounting services and business advice
- Catalyst Management Services: 8 x 1 hour coaching sessions worth $2000
- Loundes Jordon: StartUp Law Pack worth $2000
- Kiwi Landing Pad: 3 months hot desk in San Fran worth US$1500 (flights not included)
- FluidUi: Lifetime membership for mobile app mockups worth $1548/year
- Model it is a service for Architects that creates real life 3D scale models using 3D printing technology from their CAD files
- www.Modelit.co.nz (website not live yet)
- Team Leader: Ben Runciman
- Team: Ben Runciman, Jeremy Levy, Julie Carle, Rob Scovell, Joshua Mossop, Josh Reid, Patrick Nicholas, Carolyn Melville
Peoples Choice Award
The room was asked to vote for their favourite (and prevented from voting for themselves!) and the winner was, again, Standby.